I work as postdoctoral researcher at Rijksuniversiteit Groningen in the Faculty of Philosophy. I am part of the project "Shared Commitments and Common Knowledge", supported by the Nederlandse Organisatie voor Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek (NWO). I have completed by PhD in February 2008 at the Institute for Logic, Language and
Computation in Amsterdam, under
the supervision of Johan van
Benthem (Amsterdam and Stanford) and Martin van Hees (Groningen), on the interplay between theories of intentions, rational choice and logic.
To avoid confusion : this Olivier Roy is not me!
- "A Dynamic-Epistemic Hybrid Logic for Intentions and Information Changes in Strategic Games". To appear in Synthese.
- "Intentions and interactive transformations of decision problems". Synthese, 169(2), July 2009, pp 335-349.
- "Intentions rationnelles et acceptations en délibération". Philosophiques, 35(2), Automne 2008, pp.525–545.
- (with Johan van Benthem and Patrick Girard)
"Everything else being equal: A modal logic
for ceteris paribus preferences". Journal of Philosophical Logic, 38(1), February 2009, pp.83-125.
- Thinking before Acting: Intentions, Logic, Rational Choice. ILLC Dissertation Series DS-2008-03, Amsterdam
- (with Martin van Hees) "Intentions, Decisions and Rationality", in T. Boylan and R. Gekker (eds.), Economics, Rational Choice and Normative Philosophy, Routledge, 2008.
- (with Martin van Hees) "Intentions and Plans in Decision and Game Theory", in Bruno Verbeek (ed.), Reasons and Intentions. Ashgate. 2008.
- "Commitment-Based Decision Making for Bounded Agents", presented at the Workshop on Logics for Resource Bounded Agents, ESSLLI 2006. Available on the ILLC prepublication repository: PP-2006-34, see also the slides.
- (with van Benthem, J. and S. van Otterloo), "Preference Logic, Conditionals, and Solution Concepts in Games", in Lagerlund, Lindström, Sliwinski (eds.), Modality Matters: Twenty-Five Essays in Honour of Krister Segerberg, Uppsala Philosophical Studies 53, Uppsala 2006.
Travel Schedule 2009 :
- February 12-14, LSE-Groningen Exchange Workshop, London.
- February 21-28, short trip to Montreal.
- April to mid-May, research visit in Rosklide.
- June 15-17, Decisions, Games and Logic '09, Lausanne.
- July 7-8. TARK, Stanford University.
- August. A whole month in Quebec!
I am (or have been) involved in the organization of the following events and projects:
- LSE-Groningen Exchange Workshop.
Part 1: London School of Economics, 12-14 February 2009.
- Logic and Rational Interaction. A website for the research community.
- GLLC 15: The dynamics of preferences and intentions. ILLC, Amsterdam, 26-28 February 2008.
Workshop on Decisions, Games and Logic, Event series started in July 2007.
First edition: London School of Economics, July 19th and 20th, 2007.
Second edition: ILLC, Amsterdam, June 30, July 1-2, 2008.
Third edition: HEC, Lausanne, June 15-17, 2009.
- Dynamic Logic Montreal, UQAM, June 19th to 22nd, 2007.
- Paris-Amsterdam-Berkeley Logic Meeting in Stanford (PABLoS), Stanford University, May 8th and 10th, 2006.
- Doing it Together, International Workshop on Collective Agency, Groningen, June 30th, 2006.
- Paris-Amsterdam Logic Meeting of Young Researchers, yearly event started in 2005.
- Recherches Québecoises en Logique, Montréal, December 16-17th, 2005.
- The Logic Tea, regular ILLC event.
- The Dymanic of Reasons, Amsterdam, December 11th, 2004
- Filofosie van de sociale wetenschappen (Philosophy of Social Sciences), RuG, Groningen.